Dr Peter Hargrave
Understanding the formation and evolution of cosmic dust, it's origin, and it's role in star formation.
Understanding the role of ice clouds in the global climate system. Development of novel instrumentation to observe high-altitude cirrus and constrain parameters in global climate models.
Cryogenic technology - cooling systems, heat switches, thermal engineering. Detector technology development - bolometers (TES & NTD sensors). Optical coatings. New instrumentation for Earth observation applications.
Measures of Esteem
- Member of STFC Futures & Global Challenges Panel
- Member of CEOI-ST Project Peer Review Panel
- Member of the Herschel Calibration Steering Group.
- Institute of Physics Low Temperature Committee
- Module organiser for PX1124, The Universe, from Particles to Galaxies.
- Module organiser for PX3349, Commercialising Innovation.
- Deputy module organiser for PX3110, Galaxies.
- Deputy module organiser for PX3226, Physics of Semiconductor Devices.
Publications List Loading ...
NOTE: Data may not load correctly over HTTPS connections.
PhD, University of London, 1997.
- Principal investigator for ESA contract "Modular wide field of view RF configurations"
- Principal investigator for ESA contract "Feasibility of using nanotechnology to improve TIR satellite imagers"
- Local manager for the Cardiff Herschel-SPIRE programme.
- SPIRE calibration team, and ICC member.
- Co-I for BLAST (Balloon-borne Large-Aperture Submillimetre Telescope).
- Provided hardware for James Webb Space Telescope (MIRI & NIRSPEC instruments).
- Calibration sources for PILOT: stratospheric balloon-borne experiment.
- Optical design team for Atacama Cosmology Telescope (ACT)
- Design consultancy for OLIMPO
Co-supervision of PhD students.