C A R D I F F
THE WELSH CAPITAL
CROESO - WELCOME
The Joint 32nd International Conference on Infrared and Millimetre Waves and 15th International Conference on Terahertz Electronics will take place at Cardiff City Hall in Cardiff, UK from September 2nd to 7th, 2007. It is hosted by the School of Physics and Astronomy, Cardiff University.
The IRMMW-THz 2007, currently in its
32nd year, is the oldest continuous forum specifically devoted to
the field of ultra high frequency electronics and applications. The
scope of the conference extends from millimetre wave devices,
components and systems to infrared detectors and instruments, and
encompasses micro-scale structures to large-scale Tokamaks and
Gyrotrons. In recent years the organizing committee has expanded the
conference scope and the participating research communities with a
special focus on terahertz techniques and applications, including
both the traditional radio frequency domain and the new fast pulse
time domain approaches to generating, detecting and using high
frequency energy. The conference offers attendees a chance to hear
and participate in a wide range of topic areas that span all aspects
of Infrared, Terahertz and Millimetre-Wave technology and
applications from quantum physics, chemistry and biology to astronomy
and plasma physics.
The main topics of the conference are as follows:
1. IR, THz, and MMW Sources
2. IR, THz and MMW Detectors and Receivers
3. Devices and Instruments, both Frequency and Time Domain, for THz Applications.
4. Devices and Instruments for IR and MMW Applications
5. IR, THz and MMW Spectroscopy and Material Properties
6. MMW and Submillimeter-Wave Radar and Communications
7. Ultra High Speed MMW Digital Devices
8. IR, THz and MMW Imaging
9. MMW Systems, Transmission Lines and Antennas
10. Gyro-Oscillators and Amplifiers
11. Plasma Diagnostics
12. Free Electron Lasers and Synchrotron Radiation
13. IR, THz and MMW Applications in Astronomy, Atmospheric and Environmental Science
14. Ultra-fast Components and Measurements in Chemistry and Physics
15. IR, THz and MMW Applications in Biology and Medicine
16. IR, THz, and MMW Applications in Security and Industry.
17. IR, THz and MMW Future Applications, Markets and Directions
NOTE: Manuscripts for Conference Digest.
E-mail enquiries should be sent to:
LAST UPDATED 2007-08-08