Quantum Materials & Devices
High resolution SEM of a multi-gate field effect semiconductor device..
If the last 100 years has been about understanding quantum mechanics, then the next 100 years will be about harnessing, controlling and using it. The fundamental study of quantum mechanical effects in basic materials, photonics, and electronic devices underpins future paradigms such as quantum information processing, quantum cryptography, and future electronics.
Active research projects:
- Coherence and Coupling of Single Quantum Dots
- Dephasing in Quantum Dots
- Manipulation of photons by artificial metamaterials
- Narrow bandgap semiconductors for spin and charge based quantum devices.
- The study of carrier transport in single molecules
- The Physics of InAs Quantum Dot Lasers
- Cavity-QED with quantum dots
- Frustrated magnetism