Recent PhD and MPhil Theses
Below is a list of recent PhD and MPhil theses written by members of the gravitational physics group.
- Detector characterisation and searches for gravitational waves using GEO 600, Thomas Adams.
- Studying and modelling the complete gravitational-wave signal from precessing black hole binaries, Patricia Schmidt.
- The perturbed universe: dynamics, statistics and phenomenology, Geraint Pratten.
- Mapping the anisotropy of a stochastic gravitational wave background: spherical harmonic decomposition, Jack Yu .
- On the search for intermediate duration gravitational waves using the spherical harmonic basis, Mark Edwards.
- Improving the sensitivity of searches for gravitational waves from compact binary coalescences, Duncan Macleod.
- Electromagnetic follow-up of gravitational wave candidates, Laura Nuttall.
- Gravitational-wave radiation from merging binary
black holes and Supernovae, Ioannis Kamaretsos.
- Gravitational waves and short gamma ray
bursts, Valeriu Predoi.
- Long-wavelength gravitational waves and cosmic acceleration, Edmund Schluessel.
- Can we hear black holes collide?, Ian Harry.